- Office National Statistics. Clinical Commissioning Group mid year population estimates 2016. Available at https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/populationestimates/datasets/clinicalcommissioninggroupmidyearpopulationestimates
- Fowkes FGR, Rudan D, Rudan I, Aboyans V, Denenberg JO, McDermott MM et al.
Comparison of global estimates of prevalence and risk factors for peripheral artery disease in 2000 and 2010: a systematic review and analysis. Lancet 2013;382:1329-40
- Health and Social Care Information Centre. Health and Lifestyle Survey 2014. available at www.hscic.gov.uk/healthsurveyengland
- Beebe-Dimmer JL, Pfeifer JR, Engle JS, Schottenfield D. The Epidemiology of Chronic Venous Insufficiency and Varicose Veins Ann Epidemiol 2005;15(3):175-84
- Lymphoedema Support Network. Written evidence provided to Parliament (LTC 10). Last accessed 27th March 2017 at www.publications.parliament.uk
- Guest JF, Ayoub N, McIIwraith T, Uchegbu I, Garrish A, Weidlich D, Vowden K, Vowden P. Health economic burden that wounds impose on the National Health Service. BMJ open 2015;5:e009283
- Hansard. Debate in House of Lords 22 November 2017. Available at
https://hansard.parliament.uk/Lords/2017-11-22/debates/6C57E65A-A04D-449B-82E9-C836F088A696/NHSWoundCare (last accessed 24th November 2017)
- Guest JF, Vowden K, Vowden P. The health economic burden that acute and chronic wounds impose on an average clinical commissioning group/health board in the UK. J wound care 2017;26:292-303
- Nhs Improvement. Economic assumptions 2016/17 to 2020/21. Available at
https://improvement.nhs.uk/resources/economic-assumptions-1617-to-2021/ (last accessed 24th November 2017)
- Ahmad N, GN Thomas, Gill P, Chan C, Torella F. Lower limb amputation in England: prevalence, regional variation and relationship with revascularisation, deprivation and risk factors. A retrospective review of English hospital data. J R Soc Med. 2014 Dec;107(12):483-9
- Ahmad N, GN Thomas, Gill P, Torella F. Endovascular revascularisation is associated with a lower risk of above knee amputation than surgical or combined modalities. Analysis of English hospital admissions over a six year period. Int J Angiol 2016;35:498-50323
- Ahmad N, Chan C, Thomas GN, Gill P. Ethnic differences in lower limb revascularisation and amputation rates. Implications for the aetiopathology of atherosclerosis? Atherosclerosis 2014; 233:503-507
- Ahmad N, GN Thomas, Gill P, Torella F. The prevalence of major lower limb amputation in the diabetic and non diabetic population of England 2003-2013. Diab and Vasc Dis Research 2016;13(5):348-53
- Moxey PW, Hofman D, Hinchliffe RJ, Jones K, Thompson MM, Holt PJE. Epidemiological study of lower limb amputation in England between 2003 and 2008. BJS 2010; 97: 1348-1353.
- Basu B. Amputation Data for Greater Manchester 2010-2015. Amputation Rehabilitation Centre for Greater Manchester. Personnel Communication.
- NICE. Community triage for lower limb vascular concerns: reducing the burden on hospitals. 2016 available at www.nice.org.uk/localpracticecollection
- Ahmad N. Introducing the Manchester Amputation Reduction Strategy. The need for a cross sectoral, collaborative, whole systems analysis of services that leads to saving legs. Podiatry Now 2017:7:28-31
- Kerr M, Rayman G, Jeffcoate WJ. Cost of diabetic foot disease to the National Health Service. Diabetic Medicine 2014;32:1498-150419.
19. The Amputee Statistical Database for the United Kingdom 2006/2007. Information Service Division NHS Scotland. Edinburgh. 2009. www.limblessstatistics.org/documents/Report2006-07.pdf
20. Dyson PA, Anthony D. Community Interventions for Health: A monograph. The Oxford Health Alliance 2015. Available at www.oxha.org/images/results.pdf (accessed 30 August 2017)
21. NHS. Five year forward view. NHS 5 year forward view 2014. Available at
https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/5yfv-web.pdf (last accessed 1st April 2018)
22. GM Combined Authority. The five year plan: How we will improve health and social care. GMCA 2017 available at http://www.gmhsc.org.uk/delivering-the-plan/ (last accessed 1st April 2018)
23. Ahmad N, Chadwick P, Fox M. A suggested whole system strategy to reduce lower limb amputations in Manchester, England – Introducing the MARS project. Podiatry Now 2017;20(7);28-31. Download here.